Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Day Wrap-Up

We had a wonderful Christmas this year. Although, we had a bit of a rough start!! First of all, I have to say it was about 1:30 in the morning when I finally fell asleep. I just kept tossing and turning. Jackson woke up shortly before 3 am to go to the bathroom. When he saw that Santa had already come, he was overcome with excitement. So much so, that he proceeded to run through the house and wake everyone up yelling, "Santa Came!!". Ugh. It's wasn't even 3:00! We told the kids to go back to bed & that didn't go over so well. So we told them they could look at their Santa gifts, but no opening anything! We managed to hold them off until 6:00, and reluctantly, I rolled out of bed to see what the jolly old man had brought. Man, he must have thought my kids were really good, because the whole living room was full of goodies! I couldn't begin to list everything he brought, but here are some highlights. Jackson got a Hot Wheels car track that goes on the wall. It's really cool! ...A spiky backpack, a neat looking rc car Erector set and a couple pair of Crocs. Landry got an American Girl doll that looks just like her. She even has her ears pierced, parts her hair on the same side and has glasses that look just like Landry's. She's really neat. ...a Brittany Chipmunk with the Chipettes, a hair styling chair for her doll, and a bunch of other accessories. Corley got an adorable pink arm chair that's her very own size, a Weebles tree house, a broom and a slide. And let me tell you, that girl loves to slide! Then we were off to my Grandma's (Nana's) for a quick visit. She gave Jackson & Landry her notebook computer for Christmas. And let me say, that was a HUGE hit. They were completely taken off guard! Next, we were off to the nursing home to visit Jason's grandma (Granny Hazel) and give her her gift. We are so blessed to still have these two ladies in our lives. I love that our kids have Great Grandmothers. My great grandparents were long gone before I was ever even born. Our final destination was, as usual, my mom's. And can I just say how blessed I am to have her!! She ALWAYS goes above and beyond. The food was amazing...enough to feed an army. (Or at least enough leftovers to feed us for a few more meals!) The table setting was pretty with fresh flowers & her new table linens and charger plates. We opened gifts for several hours. No kidding. We did stop a couple hours in so we could eat, though. There is NO WAY I could begin to list everything she gave us, so here are the highlights. Everyone got a TON of clothes AND all new bedding!! Jackson and I got new drapes. And Landry got a ton of new pillows and accessories for her room. We don't have everything completely put together yet, but it's coming together great! We had a terribly fun day, and came home completely exhausted. Lucky for us, we've got a whole week off to recover!

No comments:

Post a Comment